Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is not earth or dirt. It is the fossilized remains of microscopic shells created by one-celled aquastic plants (diatoms). Over the eons, as these diatoms fosillized, they retained their tubular shape and holes. Their shape and hardness produces extermely pure and consistent DE.
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for radiant beauty, increased energy, and healthy rejuvenation.
A few of the many uses for DE:
- Lightly dust pets' bedding. DE will absorb oils, dirt, and smells. Keeps kennel areas dry and odor free.
- Use as a natural deodorizer for garbage cans, vacuum cleaner bags, and refrigerator.
- Mix DE with water to form a paste to polish silver and clean jewelry.
- DE is used in facial masks and scrubs to absorb impurities and exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Sprinkle a small amount of DE on toothpaste for a vigorous tooth polishing.
The FDA has allowed DE for agricultural use since the 1960's. Numerous studies have shown that feeding DE results in improved animal health and growth. The recommended amount is 2% dry weight. If mixed with water, use one teaspoon per cup of liquid. Lumino's DE is neutral tasting.
- Kittens: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cats and Puppies: 1/2 - 1 teaspoon
- Dogs under 35 lbs: 1 teaspoon
- Dogs 35 - 50 lbs: 2 teaspoons
- Dogs over 50 lbs: 1 tablespoon
- Dogs over 100 lbs: 2 tablespoons
Lumino Pet and People Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
top of page
bottom of page